Some 700 Mitre 10 owners, managers, suppliers and staff celebrated Mitre 10 New Zealand’s top suppliers and service provider at its annual awards dinner in Auckland in July.
Also at the dinner, one past CEO and two veteran Mitre 10 owners were inducted into the newly established Mitre 10 Hall of Fame.
The inaugural inductees were Mitre 10’s first CEO, Jim Mason, who established Mitre 10 in New Zealand, Reg and Helen Smith, who entered into the Christchurch home improvement business in 1964 (received on behalf - photo below), and Derek and Audrey Ricketts (photo above), who joined the Mitre 10 Group in 1975 and today own four stores along with their sons.
The full list of winners at the 2015 Mitre 10 New Zealand Awards is as follows:
- Young Retailer of the Year – Gavin Scott-Petersen, Mitre 10 MEGA Te Awamutu.
- Garden Centre of the Year – Mitre 10 MEGA Kapiti.
- Trade Store of the Year – Mitre 10 Waihi.
- MEGA Trade Store of the Year – Mitre 10 MEGA Ferrymead.
- Store of the Year – Mitre 10 Beckenham.
- MEGA Store of the Year – Mitre 10 MEGA Napier.
- CEO Achievement Award – Brendan & Nicole Hall (Mitre 10 Crofton Downs).
Suppliers of the Year:
- Hardware & Garden – Tui Products.
- Renovation & Décor – Paint Aids.
- Building Products – Drymix NZ.
- Innovation Award – Stanley Black & Decker (NZ) for DeWalt hand tools.
- Service Provider – Columbus Coffee.